It’s my pleasure to introduce you to the Peachtree City Running Club. Founded in 1981, our club has grown to be the second largest running club in the Metro Atlanta area. With over 90 miles of cart paths and running trails in Peachtree City, you are bound to run into someone you know eventually (pun intended!). We have members from all walks of life, ages and abilities. We are an active club and there is a chance to run with other members almost every day of the week.
There are numerous opportunities to run with the club or people from the club. Our primary run is a Saturday morning group run. Its always been the staple of this club. Depending on other events going on there can be 2 or 50 people. On Sundays there are group runs at the Boat docks at Lake Peachtree or Huddleston School on Kelly Drive. At the Saturday morning runs there is a monthly Grand Prix event this is a place where the fastest doesnt always have an advange and the awards are awesome. We have a Summer Track Series, Elementary School Races, ad hoc relay/race teams, Marathon Relay and our signature event – the annual Peachtree City 5K/15K Classic. While we run hard, we also take the time to enjoy ourselves and each other at events like New Year’s Day Run/Breakfast, New Members’ Breakfast, Monthly meetings hosted at Dolce Conference Center or Partner’s Pizza, Fourth of July Peachtree Road Race and post-race picnic, Dragon Boat Races, Peachtree City Classic Volunteer Party or annual Holiday Party. And lastly, we are actively involved in promoting recreational and fitness related activities in the Peachtree City community by sponsoring infrastructure improvement projects, providing scholarships to budding athletes and contributing to youth running programs.
So if you are looking for a running partner, group event or just to improve your overall health and fitness – come out and join us! For more information, please browse our web site, Facebook page or contact one of our executive board members.
Thanks and see you on the trails.
Mark D Ward
By joining the PTC Running Club you will be supporting an organization that truly supports the local running community with a wide variety of events, scholarships, and support for local schools.
As a member, you’ll receive the following benefits:
- Award winning club newsletter – The LEGacy
- Discounts at local stores
- Access to member-only material on this website
- Free entry to monthly club Grand Prix runs
- Eligibility for a variety of awards programs
- Much more…
Click here to download the 2017 PTCRC Membership Application (PDF).
The club is very active and sponsors a number of activities that benefit both the membership and the local community.
- Club Grand Prix Series
- Incentive Programs and Awards
- 1,000 / 5,000 / 10,000 / 15,000 Mile Awards
- Weekly fun runs
- Annual events such as our 4th of July family picnic and Christmas dinner party
- Monthly meetings with guest speakers
- Summer Track series
- Annual Golf Tournament
- Much more…
Since its inception, the PTCRC has been active in the community. The club is responsible for:
- The donation of several water fountains along the cart paths of Peachtree City
- Direct support to the middle and high school track and cross-country programs
- The annual Ronnie Godwin Memorial Scholarship given to outstanding high school male and female runners
- Support of local non-profit organizations by supplying equipment, volunteers and expertise
- Purchasing of equipment for the local police and fire departments
The Peachtree City Running Club holds its monthly meetings on the first Monday evening of every month with the exception of July and December. Meetings begin at 7:30 p.m. and are usually held at the Aberdeen Woods Conference Center. Actual meeting place is usually announced via e-mail and posted on our web site under the Announcements section. A business meeting follows a running/fitness related program.
For more information about the club, please contact our Membership Coordinator Bob Dalton at (770) 461-4450 or at email@example.com