CLUB MEETING – MONDAY, JUNE 5 – LINE CREEK BREWERY
The June club meeting will be held at 7:30 PM at Line Creek Brewery, 150 Huddleston Rd, Peachtree City.
Our guest speaker will be club member Seth Yerne who is the Southeast Account Manager for On Swiss Performance Running and he will be discussing running shoes.
SUMMER TRACK CLASSIC SERIES – WEDNESDAYS, JUNE 7, 14, 21, 28 CHAMPIONSHIPS ON JULY 5 & 6
The famous PTC Running Club Summer Track Classic Series is back again this year!! Our ever-popular Wednesday evening track meets are happening again this summer. The track has been newly resurfaced and has a rubberized surface built for SPEED!! Come try out your racing flats and see what you can do! Details of the different events are in the attached flyer.
We are in need of volunteers to successfully pull these track meets off. This is a great way to get in your volunteer requirements for the 1000 Mile Jacket as well as just have a lot of fun! Please sign up to volunteer on the dates of your choice at the following link: https://forms.gle/aDBmhF6yrBfaPH216
CROSS FIT RUN CLUB GRAND PRIX – SATURDAY, JUNE 24 (NOTE: this is a change from the previously scheduled date of 10 June to allow club members to run the Old Courthouse 10K on 10 June if they so desire) (details on the Old Courthouse are at the bottom)
Meet at Riley Field Track adjacent to PTC Elementary School. We begin at 8 AM. Run a total of 8 laps on the track. At the start and after every 2 laps, you pull off and roll one of the 3 Exercise balls to choose the exercise to do. Total of 4 rounds of points per runner.
There are 6 different exercises per ball; each exercise will be worth between 1 and 6 points; the runner chooses which ball to roll.
There will be one ball with the numbers 1 – 6 on it; the runner will roll this ball to determine how many reps of the exercise to do.
The runner will get the equivalent of the number they roll times the point for the Exercise done to determine how many points they get for each of the four exercises they do.
The Race Director will keep a tally sheet for each runner and will not state ahead of time how many points each exercise is worth. Time is not a factor, only the completion of the eight laps and the exercises.
PEACHTREE 10K BUS SIGN-UP IS LIVE!!
The next PTCRC meeting on Monday, 5 June, will be the next opportunity to sign up for the Peachtree 10K buses in person. In the meantime, you can also sign up online at https://ptcrc.com/2023-bus-registration/
The reservation policy is as follows:
1. Club members have priority for making reservations up through the May 1st club meeting.
2. Club members may make reservations for family members and friends.
3. To guarantee a seat, the fee must be paid at the time the reservation is made. Current fees are $15 for members and $20 for non-members. Fees are non-refundable.
4. After the club meeting on June 5th, any remaining seats will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis to the public at large.
5. Confirmations will be sent out via e-mail and updated lists will be published periodically. A waiting list will be started once both buses fill up. If you have to cancel, please inform Admin V.P., Fergus Esezebor, so that he can move people up from the waiting list.
6. The buses will depart from McIntosh High School parking lot NO LATER THAN 0445 on 4 July. You should plan on being aboard by 0430.
7. Runners will be dropped off near the start at Phipps Plaza / Lenox Square and picked up near the assembly area at Piedmont Park. Maps of the specific assembly point will be passed out on the bus that morning. We usually arrive back in PTC before noon.
YOUR SEAT IS NOT GUARANTEED UNTIL PAYMENT FOR YOUR SEAT IS RECEIVED AND YOU RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION EMAIL FROM FERGUS ESEZOBOR. WE WILL NOT ISSUE REFUNDS FOR UNUSED SEATS.
JULY CLUB GRAND PRIX
July Virtual Club Grand Prix with Extra Points for Summer Track Series Volunteerism!!
The July Grand Prix is virtual this year, to accommodate the busy summertime activities. Points are accumulated as follows:
To receive 50 Points:
- Run anywhere and any distance from July 1st through July 8th only.
- Take a picture of yourself during the run and send it to me with your name and date of the run email@example.com. Your email must be received before July 15th.
- ** If you are taking the bus to the PTRR, you can just check in with me before boarding the bus to receive your points.
To receive Bonus Points – up to 65 additional Points:
- 5 Points: For wearing club gear during your run (and in your picture)
- 10 Points: For each evening that you volunteer at the Summer Track Series (June 7, 14, 21, 28, July 5, and 6). You will receive 10 points for each evening when you sign in on the Volunteer Sheet at the STS Registration Table, and work the event.
Results will be reported at the August Club Meeting. Good luck!!
WANTED – GOLF CART TRAILER
PTCRC is in need of a trailer to pull behind a golf cart on race morning of the Classic on 21 Oct to put signs and arrows along the race courses. If you have such an item and are willing to loan it for a good cause for a few hours that morning, please contact the Race Director, Shelly Collins, at678-343-8026 or Justshellycollins@gmail.com
Justin Collins is now collecting used running shoes and donating them to a good cause called SNEAKERS4GOOD!! So bring your shoes that you are not using anymore to any club meeting, activity, or event and Justin will be glad to take them off your hands. They are donated to those who can’t afford a pair or recycled if they are no longer road-worthy. And the club gets a donation from the company. So it’s a win-win situation! Donated your shoes and raise money for the club at the same time! Complete details are available at Home (sneakers4good.com)
ALL AMERICAN 5K/10K PHOTOS ARE AVAILABLE!!
Thank you to our club photographer, Normer Adams, for taking these photos!!
CLASSIC VOLUNTEER LINK IS NOW LIVE!!